Safe and reliable operation of High Voltage equipment is absolutely critical issue in any industry. DimRus developing and manufacturing a variety of modern diagnostic equipment for monitoring of multiple operating parameters and conditions of almost all electrical and mechanical systems in Medium and High Voltage electrical apparatus. Versatile systems for continuous monitoring and portable instruments for periodical testing are available from our company.
Performance and quality of our products are recognized worldwide. DIMRUS test equipment is working in more than 45 countries including UK and USA.
Using our continuous monitoring systems allow for fully automated diagnostics of any HV equipment in power generation, power distribution and in other industrial applications.
All our monitoring systems and portable devices are coming with expert diagnostic software giving very efficient tools into the hands of operating and maintenance personnel for safe and reliable operation of their equipment. Invaluable information can be used in advanced planning for maintenance and repair, saving money by avoiding unplanned outages and lost production and by minimizing insurance premiums.
29 November 2017
The FDM monitoring system (Fourier Diagnostics Monitor) is designed to monitor the technical condition of AC motors according to the spectrum of the current consumed.
Distinctive features of the FDM system
- The FDM system is implemented in a compact insulated enclosure, to which no wires are connected.
- The FDM device does not require external power supply. The device is mounted directly on one of the three phase conductors, by which the motor is connected to the mains. The device is powered by the current in the conductor, which controls the motor current.
- The FDM device will be automatically turned on when the electric motor is switched on.
- The FDM device includes two processors to record and calculate the spectrum of current signal. It also has internal expert algorithm to diagnose the defect inside the motor.
- The transmission of diagnosis result information from the FDM system to the SCADA system is carried out via Bluetooth wireless interface. The receiver can be a smartphone, a tablet, a ViAna-2 vibration analyzer or a stationary WDM signal receiver connected to the SCADA system.
19 September 2016
"PD-Analyzer-3" compact portable measuring device for effective assessment of high-voltage equipment insulation condition. It is used for PD measuring in:
- Power and measuring transformers
- High-voltage cables and joints
- Switchgear and GIS of different modifications
- High-voltage equipment of outdoor substations
Why is PD measuring in insulation necessary?
The reliability of the high-voltage equipment is largely determined by its insulation condition. The HV equipment failure mostly happens due to the aging of insulation or defects in the insulation.
Equipment insulation aging process depends on several factors. The process of natural insulation condition change is accompanied by some unpredictable degradation caused by external reasons. Therefore, the current insulation condition cannot be determined by calculation only.
The most effective way to assess the HV insulation condition and to detect the insulation defects without taking the equipment out of service is the partial discharge (PD) measurement and analysis. This is probably the only method to reveal the insulation condition degradation, to identify the defects early and in the long run to reduce the number of unexpected outages. The "PD-Analyzer-3" device is effectively used for realizing this method in practice.